1. Make purchases at the store and mention our name.
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
November 2, 3 & 4
9am-11pm (9 pm Sunday)
Barnes & Noble will donate a percentage of every sale made to help furnish the Crozet/Western Albemarle Library. Shoppers need to mention Crozet Library to the cashier for the donation to happen.
Local performers, student essay contest winners, and local authors will be at the three-day bookfair hosted by Barnes & Nobles, Barracks Road Shopping Center, Charlottesville to support the new Crozet / Western Albemarle Library. See the schedule below.
2. Make purchases online and use our bookfair ID number.
On November 5th – 9th, click here:
Use this number: 10853588
November 5th – 9th online sales via BarnesandNoble.com can be credited toward our fundraising account by including our bookfair ID number in the designated field at the bottom of the payment page. Our ID number is 10853588.
3. Donate books via Barnes & Noble’s Holiday Book Drive.
November 1 – December 31
Purchase books to donate to the Crozet/Western Albemarle library.
This year, Barnes & Noble selected the Crozet Library as its one recipient of the Holiday Book Drive donations. Every purchaser during the two months will be asked if they would like to purchase and donate a book from the Crozet Library wish list. These book purchases will be given to the library.
4. Double Dip Bonus: Donate books during the Nov 2nd – 4th Bookfair and 1) the library will receive the books, and 2) the purchase amounts will be credited as part of our earnings, increasing the net donated to the Crozet Library.
* * * * *
The current line up of Bookfair events and programs follows:
Friday, November 2
7:00 p.m. WAHS student Carly Witt, singing and playing acoustic guitar
Saturday, November 3
11:00 a.m Story and Craft Time with local children’s author Helen Williamson and Eve Watters, Celtic harpist
1:00 p.m. Book Signings by over 10 Local Authors (see list below)
Performance by the “Bakers Doesn’t” jazz ensemble from Western Albemarle High School
Sunday, November 4
11:00 a.m. Enjoy Pete and Ellen Vigour’s music for all ages
11:30 a.m. Story and Craft Time with local children’s author Helen Williamson & Eve Watters, Celtic harpist
12:30 p.m. Charlottesville Waldforf School 8th Grade Music Ensemble
1:00 p.m. Hear the Essay Contest Winners from Brownsville, Crozet, Meriwether Lewis, & Murray Schools
Local authors signing books at the Bookfair – Note, this is the first time this many authors are signing books in the store at one time:
- John Hanny, author of Secrets from the White House Kitchens
- Anne Marie Pace, author of Vamperina Ballerina
- Sandra Crowe, author of I Didn’t Sign Up for This: 7 Strategies for Dealing with Difficulty in Difficult Times
- Jodi Meadows, author of Incarnate
- Kay Pfaltz, author of Lauren’s Story: An American Dog in Paris
- Rita Reynolds, author of Blessing the Bridge: What Animals Teach Us About Death, Dying and Beyond
- Kathleen Ford, author of a story in Best American Mystery Stories of 2012
- JL Kimmel, author of The Yawning Rabbit River Chronicle
- Jonathan Coleman, co-author of West by West: My Charmed, Tormented Life
- Richard Leahy, author of Beyond Jefferson’s Vines: The Evolution of Quality Wine in Virginia
- Hannah Barnaby, author of Wonder Show
With so many ways, surely you can Be Part of the Story during our Barnes and Noble events.